Thanks ladies for a wonderful evening - it was a fun way to ring in another year of life!
Sweet and Spicy Pecans:
These are based off this recipe from Saveur.
(I made a huge batch, you can cut the recipe in half or leave as is)
8 Tbsp Butter
4 Tbsp Dark Brown Sugar
4 cups Pecan Halves
3 tsp Worcestershire
2 Tbsp fresh Rosemary or 2 tsp dried
3 tsp Smoked Paprika
2 tsp Chipotle Chili Powder
1 tsp Kosher Salt (more if you use unsalted butter)
1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Lay out a large piece of parchment paper out on the counter for your nuts to cool on after cooking.
2. Melt butter in large skillet, add pecans and toast, stirring constantly, about 5 mn.
3. Add Worcestershire and stir in completely. Add remaining ingredients and stir, cooking another minute or two.
3. Transfer to parchemnt paper to cool, breaking up large chunks as needed.
4. Try not to eat them all before they're done cooling. They're hot! Oh, and you're supposed to save some for your friends :)