About

use code: KGRA2530
Shop toys, games, books, video games, music and more!
Buy Toys at YoYo.com
New customers to Yoyo.com, Bookworm.com or other Quidsi sites only. $20 maximum discount. Subject to change or cancellation.

June 16, 2008

I Want My Baby Back Baby Back...

Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads out there! Yesterday was fun. My Dad came down for a BBQ and I took my first shot at making ribs. Mmmmm....they turned out SO good. I found a recipe on Epicurious.com (one of my fave sites for recipes) and tweaked it just a little...mostly because I ran out of a couple things. I posted the recipe below (my version). I made 7# of ribs and there were only about 5 left today for Chad to take to work :)

All in all, it was a nice day.

Bobalu wrote a letter to the MN Twins about his Dad (Chad) and gave it to him last night when he got home from S&T's house. When Chad read the letter and saw the other things in the big envelope, he got a little choked up. It was by and far his favorite present ever :) B did it all by himself and so I was very very proud of him.

I was busy in the kitchen all day, so I didn't take any pictures...I know...shame on me! Maybe my Dad will forward a couple. He and Mary played outside with Monkey quite a bit yesterday :)

So that's it for today. Here's my recipe. Try it. It's SO good...


Spice Rubbed Baby Back Ribs with Espresso Barbecue Sauce

1 tablespoon hot Mexican-style chili powder
1 tablespoon Chipotle chili powder
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

4 pounds baby back pork ribs (get the butcher to remove the skin if you can)

1 12-ounce bottle dark beer (I used Guiness)

1 18-ounce bottle good-quality barbecue sauce
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons (packed) dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon instant espresso powder

Preheat oven to 400°F.

Whisk chili powders, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper in small bowl to blend. Rub spice mixture all over ribs. Place ribs in heavy large roasting pan.

Boil beer in medium saucepan until reduced to 1 cup, about 5 minutes.Pour beer around ribs.

Cover pan tightly with foil. Bake ribs until fork-tender, about 90 mn to 2 hours.

Combine barbecue sauce, 1/2 cup water, brown sugar, and espresso powder in heavy medium saucepan.Simmer until flavors blend and sauce thickens slightly, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.

(Ribs and barbecue sauce can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cool slightly, then cover separately and refrigerate.)

Prepare barbecue or broiler (medium heat).
Brush ribs with some of the barbecue sauce. Grill ribs just until heated through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer ribs to platter.

Bring remaining sauce to simmer. Brush ribs with more barbecue sauce. Serve ribs, passing remaining barbecue sauce separately.

No comments:

Post a Comment