About

use code: KGRA2530
Shop toys, games, books, video games, music and more!
Buy Toys at YoYo.com
New customers to Yoyo.com, Bookworm.com or other Quidsi sites only. $20 maximum discount. Subject to change or cancellation.

September 10, 2009

Jelly's Mom Makes the BEST Potato Soup...

It's true. Just ask anyone. Especially me.

And because she just got hitched this wkend and requested that I email her the recipe that she brought me when I had Baby - well, I couldn't resist...had to post it.

Jelly's Mom is a vegetarian and so this recipe can be as well. However, when we eat it at our house I like to add some bacon crumbles...mmmmm....bacon.

Anyway - without further ado - here's the recipe! (Oh, and I've never actually made this in a slow cooker, and I'm not sure if J's Mom has either, but be creative - have fun - it's SOUP!)

"Baked" Potato Soup

6 lg russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2" cubes (about 3.5 lbs)
1 lg onion, chopped (about 1.5 cups)
3 (14 oz) cans chicken broth with roasted garlic (Jelly's mom uses 3 Knorr veggie broth cubes which I actually prefer as well...)
1/2 cup butter
2.5 tsp salt
1.25 tsp freshly ground pepper
1 cup whipping cream or half-and-half
1 cup (4 oz) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
3 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
1 8 oz container sour cream
4 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
Shredded cheddar for the top :)

1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a 5-quart slow cooker
2. Cover and cook on HIGH 4 hours or on LOW 8 hours or until potato is tender
3. Mash mixture until potatos are coarsely chopped and soup is slightly thickened; stir in cream, cheese, and chives.

Top with sour cream, if desired, and sprinkle with bacon and cheddar cheese before serving.

Makes 12 cups

No comments:

Post a Comment